Wednesday, 25 February 2015

ahhhhhh the show is tomorrow!


What a busy day we have had! All tech is done, including the moving projector which is no mean feat! We even did our first full run which was a success. With only a few tweaks to sort we will be ready to rock for the first show tomorrow.



As a devising technique, the company wrote a few lines on their first day at university and what future means to them. They have all influenced the show but we thought it might be interesting for you to have a little sneaky look.



‘I did have plans, I was going to complete my degree. Complete my PGCE, then get a job as a teacher. Now it's all in a weird kind of limbo. I don't even know if I will complete my degree, never mind what happens afterwards. I just try not to think about it.’


‘Looking into the future I think, shit. Shit it’s going to be expensive and that’s shit. I’ve always had somewhere to make theatre, somewhere with everything I need. In five months I will have graduated and won’t have somewhere to make theatre, somewhere with everything I need. Shit, it’s going to be expensive.’


‘Id arrived. Suitcases unpacked and memories put away. It was the start of a new adventure, moving away and leaving my mum. She’s always been there and leaving was hard, but looking back leaving has changed me. I’ve grown up. Arriving in a new place can be scary, freedom can be dangerous and unfamiliar surroundings are daunting. Id arrived. I didn’t worry about making friends or what if people didn’t like me, I was too upset, excited and anxious. Id really left and needed time to adjust.’ 

We hopefully will update you will a few videos of the cast all suited and booted in costume before the show, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment